SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmom_gw

Stepmom hating the silence

stepmom
17 years ago

My DH and I have been married 6 years. His daughter is 16 and lives with us. Over the 6 years that I have know her she has lied, been disrespectful, hurtful, sneaky...etc. You all get my drift. She had a boyfriend, 18 yrs old, and he was only after one thing so her father and I have agreed that she is not to see or speak to him. SD has a part time job close to my parents home so my mother often drove the her to work during the summer. One day in July, while at my mothers house, a cousin of mine - a 13 yr old boy - took the SD's cell phone and was looking at the pictures on it. He saw an indecent picture of the SD laying on top of a boy. She grabbed the phone and got rid of the picture before anyone else could see it. My mother and I thought that her father should be told of the picture since we know that she sneaks around. When he questioned her about it she denied everything and he believes her. His way of dealing with the whole mess was saying that she was never allowed to go back to my parents home. It's now November and she has not spoken to my parents (her step grandparents) yet! They have always been kind and very generous to her. They have accepted her into the family as one of their grandchildren. She has even vacationed with them in South Carolina and Atlantic City. I'm just very upset of the selfishness that my husband is showing towards my parents and I hate all the silence from my DH & SD. Any suggestions to help remedy this mess would be greatly appreciated. Please dont suggest counseling as we already tried that. Every time I try to speak my feelings the DH gets mad, screams at me and starts to walk out of the counselors office. Everything has to be his way or he doesn't want to deal with it. I need some HELP!

Comments (18)