SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
channa45

2nd Wife feels like I am wearing the Scarlet Letter

channa45
18 years ago

This has been about the worst Thanksgiving in the 46 years I have been on this earth. It started out two years ago when I met the most wonderful man and allowed him to steal my heart away. I knew there was an ex and a daughter, and I knew they had been married for 23 years, before she threw him out with 5 boxes of clothes and a computer. She got everything. Under the veil of lies she convinced him to try and save their marriage and seek help with an addiction, if he signed everything over to her and sought help 200 miles away, she would welcome him back with open arms. Less than a month after he left to try and save his family, she got a divorce. The paperwork had been prepared before he ever left. She tells all kinds of lies about him to justify her actions and alienates all his friends and family against him. Fast forward 5 years and he is a happy healthy man getting on with his life, FINALLY!. We meet and the whirlwind romance begins. Me, I have just come through a nasty divorce and my oldest suggest that I move on and start dating after two years of being idle. He walks into my life and it has been pure bliss since. Two years later, I find myself married to the love of my life and sitting at a Thanksgiving table with the ex-wife and a group of people who, shy of one brother, sit there with seething looks in my direction. Even when I try and talk to my Mother in Law with tears in my eyes, pleading not to do this, she informs me that they are a blended family and life must go on. As she states, That is Gods will!. Well to the ex I say, YES! life must go on and so does she. I could understand if his daughter was a small child and she had to be driven to the dinner, but she is not, she is 17 and drives her own car. The day by far got worse when the ex was seen sobbing to the sister, who makes no bones about hating my guts, along with her many attempts to remind everyone she has been in this family for 30 years. BOO HOO...She should have thought about that before she kicked him out on the street and refuses to let him have any contact with his daughter. After the years of lies from the ex, the daughter wants nothing to do with her dad. This family holds themselves out to be such good christians. Everything is centered around these imagined morals. This will be one Thankgiving I will never forget.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH