SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vic_zn5

update: mnf - ghouls just wanna have fun - 2nd edition - part 3

Vic Billings, MT
15 years ago

Everyone should have gotten their partners name, if not lmk. If we are keeping this a secret everyone needs to EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN SEND IT TO YOUR PARTNER PLEASE
Here is a list of players with what they can rec.

poisondartfrog/Alana - rec - outdoor plants/bulbs/seeds

jaleeisa/Kathy - rec - plants/bulbs/seeds

dieg01991/Amy - rec-house plants/bulbs/seeds (no food items)

ejmoore510/Joan - rec - any plants/bulbs/seeds

veeja11/Carol - no house plants

debbya/Deb -

Nikkineel - rec - any plants/bulbs/seeds

Lindaruzicka - rec - bulbs/seeds

Dan_the_mailman - rec - bulbs/seeds

Sassybutterfly/Wendy - ?rec - bulbs/seeds?

hazelnutbunny/Melissa - rec - bulbs/seeds

paradise_acres/Jay & Rhonda -

PLEASE REMEMBER.....

All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

Email your DC# to me.

Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

October 18th is the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

AND!!!

I figured I would start a new thread so that if Dan get's the urge to do a really long post again he can use the other thread. lol

Comments (150)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

No mail tomorrow :( so I guess we have to wait til at least Tuesday to find out who will be the next to receive a delightfully ghoulish box!

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Vic, you definitely can keep that snow all to yourself! We had temps in the high 70s here today with lots of sunshine, and though it's supposed to get down to 56 tonight, it's supposed to reach 80-81 tomorrow. Want me to send you some sunshine to melt that snow?

now, this is a beach! here's my favorite beach . . .

• Related Discussions

update: mnf july swap: letting freedom ring (part 2, 2nd try)

Q

Comments (1)
    IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...IGNORE THIS THREAD...
    ...See More

UPDATE: Make new Friends Ghouls just wanna have fun #2

Q

Comments (150)
    Ok, girls. I'll work on the first one to make it more as you wish. :) We'll see how it comes out in the long run. Heh. Dirt... THANK YOU for commenting on the box! I totally missed the groupings! They got buried under all the posts during my sleepy reading yesterday!!! Yes, my info sheet is correct from OBF. If you got the latest email where we updated our wants/likes then you'll have a better idea of where I'm at in my gardening life. If not, the old one is pretty accurate. Debbya... your box should probably go out this week. I've collected some goodies for you!
    ...See More

new: mnf october - 2nd annual 'autumn's favorite'

Q

Comments (116)
    Hi all, Susan your seeds went out today. The DC# is0310 3490 0002 1403 5847. By Monday I would check this out and see how close your package is. I had forgotten that tomorrow is Veterans Day and everything will be closed...government that is. One more day at home and then the office wants me to come back for a few days again. I still have lots to do around here. I started to clean the basement but then got distracted and haven't gotten back to it. Oh well thats the way it goes. Ellie
    ...See More

mnf: ghouls just wanna have fun (part 3)

Q

Comments (63)
    Again, Thanks so much Everyone for all the support! What would I do without all of you? ;) I have a lot of yard cleanup to do, my yards filled with leaves. We didn't have a major frost yet, but it's been close. I still haven't taken cuttings of everything that I want to save (overwinterize). I have a huge lemon geranium that DIDN'T bloom this year! I was looking so forward to seeing it bloom. I purchased it from a garage sale for a $1, came home with it and found out that the woman sold me a cutting, not rooted (it fell over in the pot by the time I came home). I took a chance and planted it in the ground and it really grew! It's up to my knees! I also have a few coleus that I want to try and save. I'm so behind, I still have some seeds to collect! I'll have more time tomorrow to look around the yard! Mom's appt with the surgeon is on Monday. I wanted her to make it for today, but that was impossible. He's only in 3 days a week. Deb
    ...See More
  • sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

WOW Vic! I'm speechless...lol I just can't imagine having so much snow!!

hugs,
    Wendy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Dan, that is gorgeous!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

and now you know why, no matter where I roam in this world, I always return to northern Michigan. no hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, mudslides. just snow, which we either dig ourselves out of, or if it's too much to deal with and still coming down, we just stoke up the furnace and ride it out until we can get our snowplows and shovels out. during the summer, I usually spend my free time at the beach in the above picture. it's a great place to relax, and kind of out-of-the way so not too many people go there. and, the beach is a couple of miles long, so no matter how many people are there, you can get away by yourself and just relax in the sun.

this morning we worked in the bathroom together, and now it's all done except for the little decorations we're gonna put up. it has a beach theme, so we're looking for lighthouses and seagulls.
    this afternoon we're going to spend a few hours at Christmas Cove Farm, drinking cider and buying apples. here's a link to where we're going... http://www.applejournal.com/christmascove/farm.html

talk to you all later! don't forget, there's no mail delivery today because of the holiday. so hopefully there will be more halloween boxes delivered tomorrow!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

What a day! Paula and I went to the apple farm mentioned above, and bought ourselves 5 different types of heirloom apples. Of course, seeds are drying as of this moment! LOL! On our way back we did some sight-seeing, I'll have pictures posted in a few days. Once we got back to town we stopped at a local meat market/deli and bought some cheeses, meats, and bread and came home for a nice Tuscan lunch in while watching an Elvis movie.
    After relaxing a bit, I got out the sickle and started hacking down the perennial garden to make way for the cemetary we're going to put up for Halloween. This past spring, a bunch of "trees" sprouted, and I didn't know what they were. So, when I was hacking away, I was cutting them down too. Then I came upon an especially hardy one with a lot of stems, looking like it was 4 or 5 years old. Well, after managing to cut down 2 of the stems, I realized I was cutting down one of my rose-of-sharon bushes! Major OOPS!!! I felt so stupid! Then it hit me when I looked at the leaves of that bush, and compared them to the unknown "trees". I've never grown ROS's from seed, until this year, that is! I've still got about a dozen or so of the young ones left, and now I'm wondering how old they have to be before they bloom!

{{gwi:1304669}}

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Question about the November MNF. I know the October one isn't over yet, but give me a break, I'm new at this. Will it be hard to find bulbs in November? Will companies ship them that late? I could order them now but I won't know who my partner is until later so I couldn't get her color.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Proud,

I think it would be fairly safe to go ahead and order an assortment of bulbs now for your November partner. Personally, I'm happy to receive anything that my partner would like to see in their garden. Go ahead and pick some bulbs that you would love to grow and send them. There are some nice sales going on with the online retailers. Much better selections and prices than any of my local nurseries.

Tracy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I agree. I always just anticipate getting my box and seeing what others liked enough to share :) When I'm working on a box, I always choose some things that I like, to start preparing, then once partners are announced, see if I have anything that's on their list. But, like this month, my box didn't have anything that was on Alana's list. And she still liked it :) Then, especially if it's bulbs or seeds, if it's not something they wanted, I never have a problem with them trading them for something they DO want :)

Another thing I do is once I see who's signing up, I start trawling their pages :) Many people are interested in similar things, so sometimes I'll base my box around those things, like seeing a particular lily or daylily showing up on several lists. The same could be done with the "partner's color" bulbs as well.

Kathy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Can you give me some places to look. Some of the things I found don't ship until spring. Thanks!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I know that Michigan Bulb ships several things in the fall, so do most other companies. Look for tulips, hyacinth, daffs, crocus, etc. When searching, look for bulbs, as opposed to plants, which will ship in spring. I know that Michigan has a large selection, so does Parks and Brecks. I did a search for "fall bulbs" and it turned up lots of companies. So did "fall planted bulbs". You might also check your local nurseries, they usually have a really good selection of fall bulbs at a good price, then you don't have to pay shipping or wait for them :)

Hope this helps :)

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

WOW! What a box I received from Nikki this morning! First of all there was a lovely crayon picture from her daughter Sarah. Since my Sara is 18, it's been quite a few years since I've had a picture to put on my fridge...so that's where it went! Please tell Sarah that I really love it!

THEN there was:
    25 Narcissi trumpet daffodils (I love daffodils)
    12 sempre avanti daffodils
    12 Daydream tulips ( I have the perfect place for these)
    Queen of night tulips (I've wanted these for ages!)
    Chionodoxa Blue (I don't have these)
    seeds:
    calendula
    Eschschaltzia
    Black hollyhock
    california poppy
    salvia fairy queen
    mountain phlox
    lavendar
    purple beauty pepper
    purple tomatillo
    agastache apricot sprite
    I haven't grown alot of these so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do

also...
    Happy Haunting door mat (you must've seen what I had out there..."L")
    tangerine body lotion (yummy)
    Glamour Ghouls pumpkin decor (to decorate a pumpkin-has a witch hat, fuzzy hair, sunglasses and big oversized lips)
    You go Ghoul! pot holder and tea towel (this is really cute!)
    citronella candle (I always need one of these!)
    striped halloween socks with a black cat wearing a diamond necklace (my daughter tried to snag these..HA!)

This was a wonderful box Nikki with alot of thought put in it. Thank you so much! I'll be planting later today after I finish painting my dining room! ((HUG))

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

oh, I forgot something! She also sent a wtich's finger candle that melts red wax when it's lit. I wanted to show it to Sara and didn't put it back in the pile! It even has green warts on it..."scary...

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

well, Calvin, one of my black cats, has decided he's dressing up for Halloween as a "mauve colored speckle" paint spot..he has a great head start.."shaking head"

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Linda, have any pics of the Great Mauve One? LOL!!! Did you manage to get any paint on the walls??? Inquiring minds want to know..... rofl

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

OHHHH.MY.GOSH ohhh my gosh ohhh my goshhhhh!!! I am SO incredibly excited over the Fantastic box I got today!!!!!

Serious props to you Alana / Poisondartfrog!!!

WOWWWWWWW!!

First of all she paid such amazing attention to detail with the packing and packaging! Everything was covered in Orange and Purple tissuepaper with creepy crawlies taped on or wrapped around them! Some had snakes acting as the 'bow' and spiders galore! It was so cool!!

On to what was INSIDE the goody wrapped packages!

Trick or Treat goody bags were filled with:
    'Merlot Rouge; DOUBLE Daylily ~ my very FIRST double! ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty!!!!
    'Magical Encounter' Tall Bearded Iris!! ~woohoo!!
    Weeping Buddleia ~ still in a pot AND dirt included!! LOL :)
    'Mystical Rainbow' Iris ~ I am so excited to be adding something other than my few plain purples to my collection!!!
    'Black Mondo Grass' ~ YESS!! I was searching for seeds for this recently so this is definitely a head start! TY!
    Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR packages full of bulbs!!!!!!!!!!!!
    'Obdam Daffodils' (5 bulbs)~ never heard of them but the pic is GORGEOUS!!
    'Quebec Bunchflowering Tulips' (6 bulbs) ~ again, never heard of them but GORGEOUS!! They look like mini sunsets!
    'Blue Magic' Tall Dutch Iris (8 bulbs) ~ GORGEOUS!!!
    'Allium Purple Sensation' (5 bulbs) ~ FINALLY! I have my much wanted Alliums! TY!

No.. I'm not done yet! This box was jammed with goodies!

Vic ~ you'll love this.. A cute lil Halloween plaque that actually says 'Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun!' How PERFECT is that!?!
    Cute lil Halloween socks with Spiders & Webs all over ~ my daughter already snatched these :P
    Gin & Tonic Mixer w/ skulls on it.. where's the gin Alana? lol :D

lots more creepy crawlies throughout my box.. eek!

and no STILL not done!

A halloween treat bag jammed full o' seeds! This included:
    Lunaria Alba Variegata (WHITE money plant) Gosh I've wanted this one!!
    Crocosmia Lucifer
    Datura Devil's Trumpet
    Euphorbia Marginata Snow on the Mountain
    Sunflower Ring of Fire
    Pumpkin Tree ~ YESS!!!!! Never grown this but am thrilled to try it for next year!!
    Salvia Coral Nymph
    Agastache Honey Bee Blue & White
    Salvia Blue Bedder
    Yvonne's Salvia ~ sooo excited to have this special one!
    Salvia Rose Queen
    Sunset Hibiscus
    Medusa Ornamental Pepper ~ cool!
    Creepy Eyeball plant :) My son will LOVE this!
    Salvia Victoria Blue
    Asclepias Curassavica GOLD
    Castor Bean
    Coleus Black Dragon
    Red Standing Cypress

I should also mention alot of the seeds were in cute orange homemade envys and Halloween stickers! Alana, I am so very thankful for all the Salvias... I was really hoping to start a Salvia garden this next year and you REALLY got me set up!

The butterflies and hummers are gonna LOVE me next year!!

THANKYOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd give ya a big southern hug right now if you were close enough! lol I am just so thrilled! :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, it's already started warming up and most of the snow is almost gone! It was like spring today, sunny and warm, got up to 50! (amazing how warm 50 can feel after the low 30's) I'm hoping it gets everything dried up by next week, I've still got to mow the lawn one last time! And I've got to get my new veggie bed set up and an area on one side of the house tilled up, it's hard to do that stuff in the snow! LOL

UPDATE:
    poisondartfrog/Alana - rec'd
    jaleeisa/Kathy -
    dieg01991/Amy - rec'd
    ejmoore510/Joan -
    veeja11/Carol - rec'd
    debbya/Deb -
    Nikkineel - rec'd
    Lindaruzicka -
    Dan_the_mailman -
    Sassybutterfly/Wendy -
    hazelnutbunny/Melissa -
    paradise_acres/Jay & Rhonda -

Let me know if I missed anyone!
    Hmmmm..........I wonder who's next!!
    OH, that's right, I DO know who's next! hehehe I just got an email today and seems another ghoulish box is in transport! Muh ha ha ha.....

Becky, the places Kathy named are good ones for bulbs, also, the ones they wouldn't ship, were they spring flowering? If not, there may not be any place that will send them this time of year.
    And I agree with Tracy, go ahead and order now, there are so many things I would love but they are not on my list, and there are several things I never knew I wanted until I got them : )

Dan, that is a nice beach, I'm guessing on Lake Michigan...

Linda, that is an awesome box! Nikki did a great job!

I know I've got a couple emails to get back to, I will try to do that tonight, it's just been crazy here the last couple days: )

Vic

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

RECEIVED mine Vic!! :P ^^See above ..lol

Yes, I'm still up at 1:30am .. labeling seed packs to go in my partner's box! lol Seems like late night hours is the only time I'm undisturbed! :)

Hope all is well w/ everyone! Today we got up to 86.. Sorry Vic but I was in shorts, t-shirt AND running the a/c in my van. :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Vic, I was sort of thinking along the lines of dahlias and lilies instead of tulips etc. If I found some of those would it be okay to send them knowing that my partner would have to store them until spring?

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

What wonderful boxes!!!! Can't wait to get mine! This is really a fabulous swap! Everyone is being SO creative!

Wendy, isn't the black mondo grass gorgeous?! I just got some from a trade for my Gargoyle Garden and am really excited about having it! After delivering for 11 hours yesterday, Cliff did NOT want to see another piece of mail (the Tuesday after a Monday holiday is triple mail volume!) but he lit up like a child at Christmas when he saw that grass! The Gargoyle Garden is his idea, so I was very happy to see the exhaustion slide off him while he stroked that grass and discussed how to display it best!

And you'll adore the Medusa ornamental pepper! I picked up two small ones while shopping for this swap and planted them in a container in front of the house and it's really gorgeous! The pale green, orange, purple and red peppers really adds a "fall" feel! I wish I'd picked up more of them!

Becky, I think that most dahlias ship in the spring, but lilies, depending on the type, will ship in fall.

Kathy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Ok, my box is packed up and shipping out today. Will send conf# later. Sorry it took so long, but Herman had to have one last FEEDING before I put him in! LOL

Joan

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Kat~ I've forgotten to tell you, but I DID stop by & ask my neighbors about that grass. They thought I was insane...or maybe off my rocker with the preggo hormones. LOL They said "you want WHAT?" "Why?" "Uh...it's GRASS. And by the way, do you KNOW how my wife would KILL me if I let someone dig a hole in her yard??" (good grief, like I would do that...and if I DID do that, like I wouldn't fill it in!! Jiminy!!)
    Seems people around here just don't want to share their grass!!
    But I DID try...and now I've got a reputation around here as a looney.
    Oh, wait....that was probably decided BEFORE I asked for the neighbor's grass.
    Oh well.

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

UPDATE:
    poisondartfrog/Alana - rec'd
    jaleeisa/Kathy -
    dieg01991/Amy - rec'd
    ejmoore510/Joan -
    veeja11/Carol - rec'd
    debbya/Deb -
    Nikkineel - rec'd
    Lindaruzicka -
    Dan_the_mailman -
    Sassybutterfly/Wendy - rec'd
    hazelnutbunny/Melissa -
    paradise_acres/Jay & Rhonda

Wendy, we musta been posting at the same time, I don't know what took you soooo long to post! OH wait, probably because you rec'd a WHOLE garden in that box! LOL

Alana, you sure know how to pack a box!!

Becky, like Kathy said, if they are not hardy bulbs that can be left in the ground over winter, you will have a hard time finding a company to ship them till spring. But if you do find some at a local store, then by all means go for it! Look how people save seeds lol, I'm sure they would love some other types of bulbs!

Wendy, if I had known you were up so late last night, I would have popped in and said Hi. I was up doing an online training course to do insurance physicals, I was evidently hired for this almost 2 months ago and no one told me! The woman emailed me yesterday asking why I never took the training course! I worked on it for about 3 hours then went to bed.

Vic

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Melissa, LOL, no worries. I've got like 8 very nice sized clumps now and I'm sure they will spread once I get them to their permanent home. Right now they are decorating my crate graveyard. Took them out and stuck them in there this morning as soon as the bratlings left for school :) I'm working on bed plans today, since I'm off and it's still raining and chilly. Will probably work outside this afternoon :) After I work on these bed plans for all the goodies I've gotten lately, I'm gonna finish getting my Theme Garden swap seeds together and try to group them according to themes.

Kathy

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just got an email, gurneys.com is having a bulb sale! I haven't compared their prices or ever ordered with them, but thought I would pass it on : )

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Wendy,
    I am glad you liked your box. It included some of my own favorites. Everyone is getting great treats!
    I love Halloween!
    Alana

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Wow - this place has been busy since I last posted. Vic, that snow was something else! We rarely get to see that here in the south. Kathy, I can't believe all the Christmas stuff already on the shelves. I'm dying to go somewhere and see a good variety of bulbs. I ordered some online but I'd love to see some at a store.
    Deb, I can't tell you how many times I've left something out only to remember it when after my box has been sent. I don't see how you could add more - I absolutely love my box - as is!!!!
    Linda, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your box. I wanted it to be extra special! You really spoiled me on a previous swap!
    I love hearing about everyone's boxes. I can't wait to share pics in the spring when all these bulbs begin to pop up... Nik

• veeja11
    15 years ago

My box flew today confirmation number 03080730000067941950. should get to my unsuspecting victim friday. Hope she likes it. I'm still enjoying my goodies from bunny, did I rember my cute pillow that says I would do anything to lose weight except diet and exercise. and my granny choc chip cookies, if not, sorry bunny, I ate the cookies as I opened the box. great boxes everyone, starting to rain again. hugs carol

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

My box is packed up and ready to be shipped tomorrow!

Vic ~ I got the same email.. and I have a 'cart' full of things I want... just waiting on a credit card...LOL btw, Congrats on the unknown job.. :P Wish I could find one of those!

Kathy ~ yup I'm THRILLED w/ my box!!! :)

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Does anyone know the send date for the November mnf? I'm thinking in some places the ground not be suitable for planting bulbs if it is too late in the month. With the crazy weather we've had the past few years we could all be under two feet of snow by then!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I'll be sending out my box tomorrow..."adjusting chain"...my how things grow when you're not looking!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Well.. I didn't get the Gurney's ad this time, dunno why cause I usually do. I can't seem to find the area for the bulb sale. I'm just finding a few things that are on sale. Someone wanna share the link to the bulb sale?

Becky, honestly, I've planted bulbs in frozen ground, particularly those needing pre chilling. Those came up just fine and were some really beautiful tulips :) But honestly, it takes bitter frozen temps, or several freezes to really affect ground temps more than a couple inches below the surface. LOL, I remember one year that I had found some hyacinth and crocus late in the year that apparently I'd missed when I planted the rest and we'd had one of those odd early freezes and snowfalls in Texas, we went out and used warm water to melt the ice and thawed the ground enough to get the shovel through the first inch or two easier. After that, the ground was warmer and not nearly as solid. Once we got the snowfall, cause it got colder than the weatherman had predicted, I'd thought that I couldn't plant them. But my Dad said to use the water and go ahead. We planted a little deeper than you normally would to prevent what he called "bucking", where the ground freezes and "bucks" your bulb up out of the ground. Everything came up well.

Kathy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Becky, I couldn't agree more with Kathy. I live way up North and have planted bulbs at the end of November before. The ground isn't frozen that early in the season but by mid-December it is a little too hard to dig. The biggest issue is cold fingers playing in the dirt. It should be just fine. There isn't a send by date yet but I am sure partners will be assigned after the first week and you could always ship right after they are posted. We are pretty easy going here in MNF. I think everyone is happy to receive whatever you choose to send.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

My box is on the way!! DC# 0308 0070 0000 9010 1340

Hope they like it! *giggling maniacally....... (is that even a word...)

~Wendy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Just wanted to remind everyone that someone will be getting a box on Saturday and Herman is probably gonna be getting hungry again by then! LOL

Joan

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

No ghoulish boxes arrived today? How is everyone? I'm stuck inside due to lots of rain! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Nikki

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, I didn't go to the link and deleted it, sorry.
    I did get an email for dutchgardens.com also, didn't look like that great of deals to me.
    BUT, if you go to T&M and have them send you a free catalog there is a $10 coupon (no minimum order) on it, that is if you need more seeds : ) ( tmseeds.com )

Nikki, well, either no one got a box today, or it scared them too bad to post about it! LOL
    I guess we will have to wait and see.............

Also, send date is tomorrow, is there anyone that's having a problem getting their boxes out? If so, please let me know.

Vic

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I'm wondering who got a box yesterday! And what ghoulish goodies they received! And I'm patiently... alright, not quite so patiently.. either the kids or I almost knock down the postman every day waiting for my box! Thankfully I've done a few trades lately and enjoying those is keeping the bratlings from becoming TOO restless!

Vic, no worries, I finally decided that I'm likely going to ahve more than enough bulbs to plant in the next few weeks! I have a BIG box of various bulbs and iris that will start going in this next week. We had a frost warning the last two days, so I didn't want to put out anything that might get damaged. But the next few weeks look good and I've still got plenty of time before our first freeze.

OH! And I bought a digital postage scale on ebay for $0.96 plus postage! All told, including the insurance it was less than $20! I couldn't find one anywhere else for that price! It arrived yesterday and is very accurate!

AAANND.. my amazing, wonderful, gorgeous husband bought me my Christmas present yesterday and gave it to me early! I'd bought him a 220 rifle and a handgun he'd been wanting and he got those early, so he felt I needed mine early too! He got me a new digital camera!!!!!! It's a 10 mpx and takes the most gorgeous pictures! I'll post some of the ones I've taken next week while I'm off!

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"humming the Addam's Family theme"..someone will be getting a box Monday or Tuesday....

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I packed up the remaining contents of Nikki's box. It will go out Monday by priority. I wanted to send it sooner, but have been overwhelmed with everything.
    Wow, what a week! It's been so stressful here. My Mom found a breast lump on her birthday. She went to the Dr's, he said it was a fibroid. Then sent her for a mammo & ultrasound. The radiologist told her he believed it was cancer- he told her to say massive prayers. She's so scared (and so am I). We lost my Dad to colon cancer and she's all by herself now. She has an appt for a biopsy on Tuesday. Please say a prayer for her- her name is Gayla. I'm disappointed in the radiologist, you would think he wouldn't of just blurted that out. He could of just said wait for the results of the biopsy and left it as that.

Anyways, I would appreciate so much any prayers for my family (including some for me for strength). We went through so much with my Dad. He was extremely healthy- nothing wrong, very lean, non smoker. He wouldn't even take an asprin! During lots of overtime, all of a sudden had one symptom. A little blood squired out of his rectum while picking up a sack of potatoes. He was 55. Went to the Dr's, and was told he had colon cancer. Surgery was set up and with in 10 days, surgery was cancelled due to the tumor/cancer whipping out of his rectum and going internal. That quick..with in 24 months, he was gone. Now, my Mom's totally alone. I feel sooo bad for her!
    One of my favorite birds died too (when I walked in from the Dr's office with the bad news) I found him on the bottom of the cage. A little parakeet named "Cloudy" his cage mate "Sunny" is greiving now. I'm going on Monday for a new cage buddy for Sunny. He's so sad.
    Boy, do things happen fast and in bunches!

Hugs,
    Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Deb..((HUG))..I will keep you and your mother in my prayers.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh, Deb! What a horrible week for you.
    Many MANY prayers & hugs for you & your mom!

And what a #@&*@!(#@&*!@@&$#*($#* insensitive radiologist!! I could kick his butt myself! He's not even a dr! How dare he make an assumption based on his limited knowledge?? Stupid feller.
    I hope he finds 4 flat tires on his car, curdled milk on his cereal & a stalker ex-girlfriend.

Oh, and horrible back acne for the rest of his life.

Stupid feller.

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear of all that you are going through, and yes, that was very insensitive on his part! I've seen that happen before and they have no right to do that, in most cases it is so much better coming from your family Dr. who you know and trust and usually doesn't scare the hell out of you until they know for sure!
    You, your Mom and your family are in my prayers!
    Hugs
    Vicky

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh My Goodness! I got my BOX today from Miss Wendy!! Holy Cow!!

First, lemme tell you...she put my address on a large ORANGEcolor> sheet of paper. With googly eyes!! The kids liked that. :O)

Then, as I opened it up...the kids looking over my shoulder...they all screamed..."A BOX FULL OF CANDY! CANDY CANDY CANDY!!"
    To which I said...with large stick in hand..."DOWN DOWN DOWN, YOU JACKELS!! It's not like you've never gotten candy before!!!" (ok, maybe not with a stick...but I sure needed one!!)

So, with kids climbing over me, on me and around me, I *tried* to write everything down as I found it in the box. Please forgive me, Wendy, if I missed anything!

~An orange & black rubber snake (Adora took off with this)
    ~A multi-colored skeleton light set
    ~A LARGE LARGE bowl of CANDY, puzzles, pencils, rubber skeletons & bats, halloween jewelry, whoopee cushions...Just TONS of stuff!!
    ~A bag of spider web (decorative, not real..LOL..)
    ~Bottles of Pumpkin bubbles
    ~Iris- "superstition"
    ~Mini mugs- pumpkins, kitties & ghosts!
    ~An IV bag of blood (cherry liquid candy...but STILL GROSS!! ICK!!! LOL)
    ~Ghost & pumpkin tealight candles
    ~VANILLA BEAN ORCHID!!! Yay!!! :O)
    ~Seeds!! Tons and tons of SEEDS!!! Some in cute halloween bags! Let me try to list them all.....
    corn-bloody butcher
    pansy- black devil
    eggplant-ghostbuster white
    cosmos-psycho white
    blackberry lily
    bird's eye
    sunflower-black oil
    sunflower-autumn beauty
    night phlox- midnight candy
    dahlia-black beauty
    watermelon-white wonder
    bachelor button-boy midnight
    scabiosa-black knight
    chrysanthemum-court jester
    viola-bowle's black
    blood flower
    snapdragon-black prince
    maltese cross
    tomato-black prince
    batwing acorn squash
    cup plant
    black peony poppy
    carrot-atomic red
    carrot-cosmic purple
    cauliflower-purple of sicily
    pink popcorn
    beetberry strawberry spinach
    german strawberry tomato
    bloomsdale long standing spinach
    majoram
    watermelon-desert king
    asparagus-mary washington
    banana melon
    huckleberry
    rhubarb
    ground cherry
    dianthus-spooky
    sunflower=cherry rose
    hollyhock-red
    dahlia-early bird mix
    pure white poppy
    lion's tail
    sunflower-dwarf teddy bear
    apple scented gold pompoms
    catchfly
    black eyed susan-goldilocks
    scarlet flax
    schizanthus butterfly orchid
    zinnia- carousel mix
    clematis-kilian donahue
    bells of ireland
    red sun sunflower
    gloriosa daisy
    poppy-drama queen
    soapwort-bouncing bet
    pink gas plant
    carnation hollyhocks
    oriental poppy
    partridge pea
    mg-sunspot
    tartarian honeysuckle
    coreopsis-early sunrise
    hollyhock-summer carnival
    cosmos-ladybird lemon
    calendula-mixed
    mexican hat
    old fashioned lilac

WHAT A BOX!!!
    Oh! I forgot the wind-up chattering teeth! The kids are having so much fun with those!! :O)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Many prayers to you Deb and your Mom. Many hugs too !!!

Kathy lucky you w/ the camera! That's one of the first things I bought w/ my lil inheritance last month. Sad thing is I keep forgetting to buy batteries! lol

Glad you enjoyed it Melissa! I knew the kids would really love it and I know you didn't want much you had to actually get out and plant right now :) So now you just have tons of seeds for wintersowing and next year! LOL :P I tried to send unusual veggies so your kids would eat their weird veggies too :D I know I saw the 'bloody' IV bag and just HAD to send it hehehehehe Dangit I forgot the drippy boogars nose (had candy liquid that dripped out of the nostrils) AND I forgot the severed limbs gummy candy.. argghhh hahaha

Hope you enjoy the orchid, I *had* to buy myself one too when I read that's where you can grow the vanilla beans from!!

Hugs everyone,
    Wendy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Deb, let me just say that my thoughts are with you and your mother. Breast cancer can be survived, I'm living proof. I was lucky enough that mine was detected while it was still stage 1, and it was removed this past February. I was scared s***less the whole time, but I've been cancer-free ever since. The good thing that came out of that is that it was during my blood tests that my diabetes was discovered. My doctor is also a good friend of mine, and he ordered the diabetic screening of my blood because I'd complained of some blackouts and other symptoms of diabetes. Anyway, enough about me. Don't lose hope. It can be survived. And if you do get to see that radiologist, give him a good old-fashioned a##kicking!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1304675}}
    Picture yourself receiving a black box in the mail. A rather large black box. With murky, red eyes on either side. And yes, it is addressed to you, and the address is painted onto the box. With red blood.
    Spooky, ain't it?
    Well, that's what I came home to today.
    When I opened it, I found a large black and purple fuzzy spider named Herman. Sitting on lime-green cobwebbing. Staring at me with his one eye. Beneath him was a roll of black crepe paper. Unrolled. Beneath that, in the dark depths of the box, wrapped amidst clinging sheets of black and red tissue, objects of horror which could only come from the disturbed mind of Joan!
    In a package for Paula, was a frame in the shape of a loving couple seated in convertible, halloween socks, a devil's headband (with horns of course) and tail, and a bar of handmade Skyy-scented (yes, it's spelled Skyy) soap.

Digging deeper, we found a purple paper ball with spiders on it, a spooky spider trick-or-treat sign for the yard, a gravestone, and a Blood Donors Needed sign from the Count.
    Further excavation revealed a bag of caramels, chocolates, spiders, and eyeballs. YUM!!! Beneath this was a skull (not sure who it belonged to), a gargoyle (he'll join the others in my livingroom!), and a bar of Men's Musk scented soap. Apparently, "even stinky monsters need to smell good sometimes!!!"
    And finally, on the lowest level of our excavation, Paula and I came upon a treasure trove of seeds and bulbs! Included in this find were:
    Orange "Lucifer" Crocosmia
    Orange and Black (Tulips,I think)
    Tux (Tulips,I think)
    Purple Alliums
    Bearded Iris "Superstition"
    Ornamental Indian Corn
    Black Amber Sorghum
    Egyptian Wheat Sorghum

Exhausted from all our digging, Paula and I put everything back and closed the tomb, keeping out the candy of course! Tomorrow, the decorations go up and the bulbs get planted!

Joan, this was a spooktacular box!!!

-Dan and Paula

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Where is everyone's favorite place to order cute, out of the ordinary, etc. stuff? The only place I can think of even remotely along that line is Oriental Trading.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Deb, my prayers are with you and your family. I will light candles with prayers for health, peace and strength. These will be lit each morning with meditation and prayers for your family. Remember, your family here is here for you too. We all have pretty broad shoulders if you need them to hold strength for your family. My email is always open :) HUGS!

Great box, Joan, sounds like you got a spooktacular box, Dan!

Beck, I also look at partycelebration.com Not sure what you're looking for.

Kathy~still boxless :( But the anticipation is exquisitely torturous!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Hello everyone! i just wanted to give everyone a heads up!!
    yesterday tabor was riding his bike in the mud and hit a pothole. well he landed on his handlebar, the end of it hit him in the chest, so we took him in because he couldn't breath. we had the ambulance here, they said he was ok, but if we're still worried that we could take him in, well of course ya know i was and hubs was, so we did, they checked him over, no internal injuries, that's what i was worried about, because of the spline and liver. he ended up with a spranged rib. and a nice round mark where the end of the handle bar dug into him, the metal part. so i put vinegar on him, its looking better, we were worried about the mrsa with us being in the hospital and the other place.
    well, anyhow he's out for 3 weeks and we have to keep an real close eye on him because of the asthma and something else. didn't catch it all. but ya know he's my real big helper,and there's no way i can do the schooling, the stuff that needs to be done, and keeping an eye on that boy, geez!! LOL ya know how them mommy's boy's are!! LOL and the rr so i have to hand my november rr over to someone. i'm really sorry to say so late and to well. drop out. ya know just all of that stuff. i wanted to do the bulbs because frances wanted bulbs sometime. LOL i hope ya'll have fun!! but i wanted to let ya know. Hugs Medo