SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

FDH = Inability to plan ahead

ceph
15 years ago

This is my vent about FDH's dumba55ery, which doesn't even remotely compare to Nicksmom's DH's dumba55ery, but ruined my night nonetheless.

You all know how A__ is a disaster after he's been at GM's (cranky, hyper, attitude problem, and often unwashed and/or hungry)

So imagine my dismay when FDH comes home from work with A__'s backpack, but no A__. They stopped at GM's to pick up a refill of A__'s meds, and A__ asked to stay at GM's to play with his (mean-spirited, bad influence of a) cousin until soccer.

FDH, not thinking ahead, said OK.

I was pissed because he had soccer at 7-8, so we don't get home from that until 8:15 or so, but bedtime on school nights is 8:30 with 30 minutes of reading.

He obviously needs a shower after soccer, so that bumps bedtime back a bit on soccer nights - tack on 20 minutes.

A__ had homework tonight, so that had to get done after soccer because of being at GM's afterschool when he should have done it - tack on another 20 minutes.

GM didn't give him a nutritious supper (Oreos and chicken wings are NOT a meal, IMO) so he was running on empty after soccer and he needed a snack - tack on another 20 minutes.

So now it's 9:30 by the time he gets into bed... Which is not the end of the world, but he was in a FOUL mood with a bad attitude and it was a miserable evening for us all because of it.

The "D" in FDH is NOT short for "dear" today.

Me: "Why didn't you think ahead to that A__ would have to do his homework and have a snack after soccer and he would be a bear?"

FDH: "I don't know. I just don't think of those things."

Garghgh! Why the h3ll not!? I've only been parenting A__ for a year-ish, and I can think of this stuff! He's been at it for 9 years, why can't he?

Ohforchrissake!

(Did anyone catch on to that I'm annoyed? LOL)

Comments (11)