SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Planning ahead for an anniversary bash. First question is...

golddust
13 years ago

Must we invite our elders? I know this sounds terrible but Robert's mom will be 87 and her sister will be 91. The party will be held in our home mid October. The elders live 4 hours away so we'd have to arrange transportation for them back and forth and put them up here. They require lots of energy to maintain.

We thought about calling it a cousin's retreat weekend instead of an anniversary party because the cousin's we intend to invite live close enough to bring the elders so the only way we may be able to justify not inviting them is to not call it an anniversary party, though it will be held on our 28 th anniversary.

While I realize we are lucky and really AM grateful we still have them, we want to invite the cousins for the entire weekend, since they are traveling. Having our elders here would severely limit any activities we may plan because of their needs and mobility.

It's early enough now so that we really could go either way but before I start planning activities, we need to consider the guest list. What would you do? If we don't invite the elders, can we still invite the cousins and their families?

Comments (20)