SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seaglassic

lol.....it's the holidays...can't you see the humor?

seaglassic
16 years ago

my sweety pie isn't impressed!

he's wondering what planet I arrived from, about now...lol

today, right after the Christmas Eve dinner, with the entire family and back over to DD's house for breakfast with the grandkids, then down 25 miles to see the other DD and husband, with baby grandgirls..it was back to home.

it started snowing...I got a call from first DD...little boy has a temp of nearly 104...how'd that happen so fast?

it got me to thinking about family, travel, loss, travelers in the terrible delays at the airports and all other issues of the holiday season.

then, I check in here, from time to time, throughout the day..I see the beautiful and creative things all of you have been making...

I try and try to post pictures and to upload pictures..I can't...my computer isn't up to speed..not even up to a Windows 98, so I can only describe ideas and other things.

that got me on a roll....

so, I gotta tell y'all that you have all been an inspiration to me and an anchor, when things go wrong or misdirected or off schedule or off kilter..

whatever happens, there is a place to come home to ....

it's here.

no holds barred..no reason to feel defensive or left behind.

thank you for all of the things you do, in all the different ways you do it.

it's encouraging to be able to be myself, in whatever capacity it is..

now, I also gotta tell you what I have gone and done..lol

I cleared the front room of all Christmas decorations, all but the tree. it's too pretty to toss outside just yet.

it's a beautiful live noble fir and came from the tree farm my honey works at...

I got a hammer and whacked the mantle off of the fireplace!

I razor cut the seal around the firebox, inside the fireplace, I cleaned inside the fireplace

and now, tomorrow, I'll convince him to lift that sucker out of there and will have an old fashioned open pit fireplace, for a full fire, with a regular, conventional screen in front of it...

and the first step to clean the fireplace is to paint it..

that's the first time in all the 26, going on 27 years that I've been here, that I have dared to do such a drastic thing.

I'm tired of playing it safe!

so many of you have shown me it's ok to go beyond the edge of acceptable and mainstream.

I'm toying with the idea of mosaic but need to know the rationality of that part...lol

I want to have real fires in there, so I can't do anything to compromise that part.

If I find out that it's a fine thing to do, then I'll be all over asking for suggestions for designs and comments about the in's and out's of that.

forget the kitchen ceiling

forget the cabinets

forget that I even mentioned glass, for just now.

he thinks I'm weird but at the same time, he's in there, studying the fireplace, while I'm in here posting this...lol

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night thankyou!

Becky ;(*_*);

Comments (10)

Sponsored