SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

What a pain!! Sorry its long

mom2emall
14 years ago

My sm wants me to bbsit my 3 yr old sibling on Wed all day while she takes my dad to the hospital for a minor procedure.

I said fine as long as she was back by the time I go to school that night. She said she was not sure if she would be back and asked me to ask my other sister to watch my sibling and my kids. (my sister usually watches my kids on Wed nights). So my sis said fine.

Today my sm called and said she has to be at the hospital with my dad earlier than she thought and asked if she could drop off my sibling the night before instead of the morning of because otherwise she would have to be out of her house at 6am. (and really my sm rarely rises before 11am anyways)

The problem is my sm is a night owl and keeps my sibling up till midnight most nights with her. I go to bed early and get up early.

I told my sm that I could only babysit the night before if she can get my sibling on a normal sleep schedule by then becauase I can not stay up all night, get up early with my kids, stay up all day chasing a 3 year old around and then go to night school. Especially when the following day (Thursday) I have to get my kids off to school and then go to an all day workshop for school.

My sm sounded irritated with me and said she was going to ask my sister to spend the night at her house the night before and drop my sibling off to me Wed morning. I talked to my sister (who has a month old baby) and she said no way is she doing that! It would be too much on her because my nephew's sleep schedule is so crazy and she is so sleep deprived. And just bringing everything she needs over there would be a hassle.

Now I don't know what to do.

In all actuality my sm does not even have to stay at the hospital with my dad. She could drop him off and go home and then wait for him to call and go back to get him. She says she dislikes driving to that hospital alone because of traffic and she gets nervous. And she says waiting there is such a long day for a 3 year old...which I do agree.

But it is not my fault that she has my sibling on such an abnormal sleep schedule. She goes to bed around midnight....wakes up around 9....and does not nap till 4ish. After I get my kids off to school in the morning (around 8:30) I will not be able to go back to sleep. And my sibling won't be ready to nap till I am ready to leave for school. So I would not be able to nap with her to catch up on sleep. And I am really one of those people who needs my 8 hours of sleep to function everyday!!

Do you think I am wrong in not wanting to do this??

Comments (45)