SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Romans are on the patio doors... don't think I like them...

User
14 years ago

It might be because I'm not used to seeing anything there.

Right now they read yellow to me and I'm not a fan of yellow. I thought the dark would be too much because of my light cabinets. Standing in my foyer looking into the DR side (which is dark) you can see some of the light oak cabinets. I thought the two toned wood would be best. There's not as much brown in them as I thought. Everything looks so blendy to me. There's a little green in them also and my walls are olive. Wood, wood, wood, and more wood. I need some fabric or color. Something.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1540455}}

So question #1. - What do you do with the darn cords!? It's fine when they're down but I only want them fully down at night. We cut the cord as far as we could. It did come with brassy looking hooks for on the door but I don't want to use them. Why draw more attention. I currently am using one of those clear command hooks. I have a bunch more and can adjust them however. So what should I do about that? I have three kitties, I can't just leave it hang where they can reach. I think it looks so odd to have that brown cord hanging however I try it.

{{!gwi}}

#2. - I thought the door was steel. Turns out it's fiberglass so no magnetic rods for valances over each panel. Should I make matching valances like I have over my sink for each side (using a regular rod)? Potential problem being the hardware and 6" bamboo valance skirt sticks out 2" from the wall. I had someone suggest using the same fabric as over the sink and attaching it to the bamboo valance only (maybe hot glue it) and add some coordinating trim. Would that look stupid? Or should I just find some colorful art and put it above the door? It needs something.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Thoughts? I really don't want to return them after messing with the install. Didn't feel like paying to have custom romans made.

DH really likes them. I think they literally stink (funk bamboo smell as I'm sitting beside them) and all I can see is yellow and monochromatic blah.

I also just had a thought to paint my patio doors black. lol ?

Comments (33)