SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ambitiousbeginner

Bookcase Idea for my New Miter Saw

ambitiousbeginner
17 years ago

My husband asked me what did I want for Christmas back in October and I was just kidding around and told him I wanted a Miter Saw º. Well GUESS WHAT I GOT FOR XMAS¡K.a Black and Decker 10¡¨ Compound Miter Saw with Laser and he also got me the miter table for it to sit on. I was in complete shock¡Know ladies I¡¦m happy about this because he also gave me other wonderful gifts also¡Kbelieve me if the saw had been the only gift¡Kwell should I say more º

I want us both to learn how to put up crown moulding after we found someone who worked for the builder to install crown moulding in the family room for 300 dollars. My husband and I observed the guy while he was installing and it looked really easy. After he left my husband and I both stated¡KWE CAN DO THAT º

We have only been in our home for one year, it was brought new and the builder only put crown moulding in the living room, formal dining room as well as chair railing but that was it. Any other rooms would have been an additional fee and we all know the builder¡¦s price is always outrageous.

Anyway the room I really want to tackle is the home office. I did not have the builder put in the built in bookcases. There is an alcove with the measurements of 17 in depth; 105 in width. I want to build bookcases that are only 84 in height.

My question is where do I start? I went to Lowes, cabinetry department and had the guy do a layout of the type of design I wanted and by the time he finished I had a quote of $3,263.86. I almost fell out of my chair. I chose the KraftMaid Cabinets but after reading some horror stories in GardenWeb, I have thought twice about using KraftMaid.

Below is a diagram I did in Power Point of what I am thinking about trying to build but don¡¦t have a clue where to start. Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

a href="http://photobucket.com/"; target="_blank">

Comments (6)