SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Please help my decorate the top of my bookcase (pics included)

13 years ago

I want to decorate the top of this bookcase in my family room and have come up with several different possibilities. The candlesticks and glass vase are both from TJ Maxx and easy to return, other items are from around the house. I like the idea of using a glass vase to reflect the light from the window behind though am not sure this is the right shape or color. They had several there--in red, orange or green--some squatty, some tall. I'm open to searching for others based on feedback.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I also like using a plant (the one here is ivy, though have another money plant I need to repot--could use the green pot, small wicker one or a patterned one). Only I couldn't figure out how to use both the glass vase and plant, unless I were to opt for a different type of vase--tall & skinny? This version also shows a smaller picture and frame. BOth pictures are vintage family photos--could use either or neither.

{{!gwi}}

Please let me know which items you like, don't like or suggestions to group in different ways or search for more items. TIA!

Also, here are a few other shots of the room to get a sense of what else is there. The feeling is cozy, casual, traditional and (slightly cluttered due to 3 kids in the family).

{{!gwi}}

TV side (ignore old rug which has been swapped out and plant moved to LR so Guitar Hero has a spot--may phase out out after DS goes off to college in fall and bring back plant):

{{!gwi}}

Comments (32)