SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenity_now_2007

Photos, Revisited (aka Ad Nauseum)

serenity_now_2007
15 years ago

I just arrived last night for a week-long visit at my Dad's, and I almost just have to laugh at the latest twist (and 'twist' really is the word) on The Photo Issue.

As many of you know, there's this issue with my SM taking down photos of me and these photos ending up "in That Somewhere Place" (which is usually the attic, or the basement, she doesn't have the balls ----YET---- to throw them in the trash). As of yet, I've not said anything about it (lest *I* be accused of being petty or starting trouble), but I'm pretty sure she still knows it bothers me. I think she perceives me as taking her up on her petty 'tit for tat' game when I give my Dad any new photo of me, or when I (as on one recent visit) take HIM up on HIS asking to get some frames for these (and other) photos to be able to display them properly.

So, seeing as she knows that I am bothered by her insistence on removing these photos, even though I don't say anything about it, I find her latest 'twist' on passive-aggressive surface cooperation pathetically humorous: instead of opening herself up anymore to the possibility that I will someday say something about being upset by the removal of any of my photos, and in order to pre-empt any LITERAL grounds for me to be upset, she's now changed tactics a bit. Here's the latest version: instead of REMOVING the photos of me from the room altogether, she now simply COVERS them over with pictures of herself and/or herself and my Dad together via tucking them into the same frame. Not only does this look ridiculous (because you can still see my forehead sticking out the top of the frame from behind her photo), it takes both pettiness and symbolism to crazy new levels. But she's onto something, it's true: I can't complain that she's REMOVED the photos of me!

LOMFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor