SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom1sm2

Please sent good thoughts our way!

mom1sm2
15 years ago

Hi

This is not at all stepfamily related, but this is the only place I post so here goes.

My dog, Howie, had surgery on Friday to remove an abdominal mass. We found the mass at the beginning of the summer and it was thought to be HSA, a horrible type of cancer, we elected to let him live his life out and make him comfortable with meds. Last Monday I noticed that he was having a hard time urinating so I took him to the vet. She sent me to the local veterinary teaching hospital that is wonderful. There it was discovered after much testing and ups and downs that he does not have HSA, but a fatty tumor that is inside his body and invasive. We talked with the oncologist surgeon who consulted all the other surgeons. It was felt that they may be able to remove the mass and cure him. He went into surgery, however, they were not able to remove all of it, but did get enough out to make him be able to urinate and deficate. I was able to take him home on Friday. I was so happy that he was coming home. I love him so very much. Yesterday I noticed he was panting heavily and went and sat by him. Some fluid squirted out of his suture and I took him back to the vet. They admitted him worried about him being septic. Today it was felt that he is septic and they had to take him back in and open his wound and clean him out. They are actually working on him now. After surgery he has only about a 50-50 chance of pulling through. We caught the infection very early, but it is still of great concern. I was hoping that I could maybe get some possitive thoughts going for him. We have done all we can and now it is up to chance and his ability to fight. Please send good thoughts our way for my Howie. This is certainly not the way that he or I want him going out.

Thanks

Comments (19)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor