SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Mare had a rough day...please send good thoughts :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

My baby girl, Mandy, was having tummy problems, today. That's a big concern with horses, since colic can kill them. To give her credit, we walked her in circles for two hours, then she finally decided to leave the barn and run up and down the 1/4 mile pasture twice, with us running behind. Then she pooped! (Sorry, but this is GREAT news.) Anyway, I think she'll be okay, but we could really use some positive thoughts sent our way. She's our little girl, Cordell's best friend (our stallion) and mom to the four boys.

She's the one on the left, Cordell on the right...aren't they a cute couple? They've been friends since Mandy was born, 6 weeks after Cordell :)

{{gwi:636886}}

Here Mandy is with her youngest boy, Lucky, with Chance (a year older than Lucky) in the background.

{{gwi:636887}}

Here's another picture of them together :)

{{gwi:636888}}

Keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be okay. She's our little sweetie and after spending the last six hours with her (in 20 degree weather and a foot of snow) I know we've done everything we can. It's dark now, so we're just hoping for the best.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor