SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seaglassic

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, patience my dear!

seaglassic
16 years ago

I keep telling myself this, because just a bit ago, while I was talking to a friend of mine...

she was telling me about a sewing machine she found on craig's list..it's an old Kenmore, with all of those cams and things..

I said........"oh my gosh, let me call you right back..I need to check craig's list and see if there's anything new today, for stained glass"

since there hasn't been, each time I've checked, I had hopes of something...anything....

first on the new list, from late in the afternoon yesterday..

(I never checked it last night, cuz I was painting my porcelain pieces, getting them ready for a second fire)

anyway, first on the list, is "rainbow of colors.....

stained glass, from finished projects...great for someone who wants to do mosaics........."

I called and NO ONE has called about this ad, even by this time and it's late in the morning now!

she said she was just leaving one dr. appt and headed for another one, and yet another one after that but by 3pm, this afternoon, I can go meet her at her place.

she said if anyone calls after me, she's going to let them know that it's spoken for.

she's taught classes for the past 8 years and is wanting to downsize her studio because she's moving to Tucson next week...

I read about the fabulous finds a few of you have gotten but never did expect I would run across such a thing myself.

in the course of conversation, she also mentioned the studio and how many grinders and other equipment there is.

this stash of stained glass is listed for $ one dollar ($1)

I sat at my desk last night, just cutting up that first 5 pounds, from the local glass store..

then the ebay purchase and now this!

I was telling her about the table that nicethyme made for that auction and she was thoroughly impressed!

she said that's the best way to have your work appreciated.

she designs an image on a computer and has the customer see it and make changes, then does the work.

she said she likes to get into people's minds, to see what they see, before it's done.

she's a very interesting person and it's too bad that just when I come across her, she's in the process of leaving.

I'll be sure and ask if she has a website.

oh, I suppose 5 hours isn't all that hard to wait!

yeah, convince myself of that....

"patience, my dear!"

;(*_*);

Comments (9)

Sponsored