SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tabbaldwin

Quick help needed? Look of new patio

tracey_b
13 years ago

The patio off the walk-out basement of our new house got poured today. It's a huge expanse of concrete that I need to make more interesting. I did use curves instead of straight lines at the edges, but now I'd like to have "lines" cut into it (to make it look like large tile--if that makes any sense). They're doing that tomorrow. They want to know if I want it straight or on the diagonal (I think that might look best with the curved edges).

Here's a rough diagram. The house is at the bottom of the drawing. The little "dots" are the posts for the deck and screened-in porch above. From the house out to the posts is about 14'. The apex of the curve is 12' further out from the line of the posts. The width of the whole area is 34'. We wanted some of the patio to be out in the open (out from under the deck) is why we did it like this. If this drawing were translated to the concrete, the squares would be rather large--approx. 7'. Hubby thinks 4 or 5'. What do you think? Opinions, please??? Thanks!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)