SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfecup

mom uses stepmom for discipline

cawfecup
17 years ago

Hi

Looking for some advice on how to "handle" mom, I am the stepmom to 4 children(ages 17g, 11b, 9b, and 8g) 2 of my own(ages 21g 14b). The children live with us full time she has visitation one/two days per week depending on her schedule even then she sometimes uses a babysitter. When the 3 youngest children visit with mom and they misbehave she tells them behave or I'll tell stepmom and she will punish you. We have a household of rules and abide by those rules part of being a family is helping out doing chores blah blah blah etc. etc. The children were very spoiled by mom still are cry long enough you get what you want.. In our home its a matter of you get what you need not what you want. Mom will call here and say they are misbehaving wanting either stepmom or dad to get on the phone with them to discipline them, or she wants us to punish them here for things they do at her house. They do not behave that way here they know there are consequences for your actions. They are typical kids with sibling rivalries etc.

Another issue we have is Mom was court ordered to pay support refuses, but will call up telling us the children need this and that we should buy it.

So I guess my question is Should we have to discipline the children when they misbehave at their mothers house?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor