SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

How Much Painted Furniture To Stained Furniture

ttodd
13 years ago

I'm working on DD's nursery/ big girl room again and am wondering what your thoughts are on how much painted furniture to stained furniture in one room.

We have the following pieces for her:

Pale powder blue bureau (some of you may remember that I'd painted it raspberry)

Maple twin bed

Dark stained rocker

Childs rocker stained

Small child sized bookcase stained dark

Maple child sized roll-top desk (may go in - may not)

The bed, rocker and desk are off-limits to paint.

I'm considering painting the small bookcase the same shade of blue as the dresser (SW Buoyant Blue) but am wondering if 2 painted pieces would be too much. I have the 2 rockers in a seating group w/ the bookcase and it's like looking into a black hole in that corner.

I decided to go w/ soft touches of petal pink instead of the raspberry so that I could use an old petal pink and cream drum shade that I had in the attic.

Here is a pic of the base colors of the room. The stained pieces of furniture in the pic are not being used in the room but are the same range as what is in her room and the bureau is a powder blue now not the RH silver sage shown here.:

We will be getting a mattress soon to set up her bed and I can't wait to unveil the mural that I am putting in her room. Remember when we all came up w/ an enchanted forest feel idea for the room?

Comments (6)