SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junegemstar

What's the best thing about Blended families?

junegemstar
15 years ago

Silversword, your post on the marriage forum about happiness inspired me to post this.

I know there can be many negative aspects to creating a blended family. But there HAS to be some good, or else why are we doing this?

DH and I have been through a LOT of drama, but it was never without an equal amout of good.

The best thing for me is when the skiddies first get to our house for the weekend. They run in, each of them with about a gazillion stories from the past week. They tackle me with a group hug, then they help me make them either dinner or a snack (depending on the time). They pick out a movie for the night, and we lay with them until they fall asleep.

I love the fact that no matter how many times they see me in a day, each time I get hugs and kisses like they haven't seen me in years.

I love that they love to see their dad being affectionate with me. I love that they love to be affectionate.

I love when they "help" me cook meals. (Not easy at all!)

I love when they tell me their "secrets".

Most of all, being in a blended family helped me become a better person. I learned what patience REALLY was. I learned not to be so selfish. I learned how to adjust to the fact that anything can happen at anytime, including the kids coming to live with us. And in return I get an abundance of love. It works for me.

Comments (13)