SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattgts

Help Picking Vinyl Windows

MattGTS
11 years ago

I am desperate for some help. I am building a new home and have a budget of about $15,000 for the 45 windows in the home (all standard sizes). The budget includes installation which will be done through my GC. I have been looking at lowes and home depot which have Pella Thermostar and Jeld-Wen. I have also looked at some other local places for quotes. I can get them in my pricerange Thrmostar 10 series for Pella and the Premium Vinyl for Jeld-Wen.

I need a decent window, this house is already over my budget and I don't mind having to replace them in 10 years. I live in Colorado so half the year is cold and half the year is hot and LOTS of sun all year. I have a DR Horton home now and cannot find out what windows they are but they are working fine for us after 11 years. I would like a similar quality.

Every site has stats and specifications touting quality and I read these posts and see opinions range drastically. Can you please help me with what brands to look for and what to ask or avoid?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor