SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnygardenerme

OK here I go with another question

sunnygardenerme
17 years ago

I have two adult stepchildren who have done very manipulating and disrespectful things over the last 6 years. I now feel it is starting to effect my relationship with DH. What feels like the final straw was when SS encouraged his girlfriends single mother (Jane) to call DH on his birthday (refer to Manipulation post). I can't seem to get over it. It probably has to do with my past, having been with a man previously who cheated on me alot (women calling). I said I would never put up with this kind of thing again. Well I suggested DH talk to SS about this behavior and DH refused, saying SS had nothing to do with. My question is, How did Jane get his cell phone #? I felt as if DH slapped me in the face. I feel a distance between us and I am tired of these things happening to me and don't want them happening again. I have tried to forget about it, but when I see SS I think of what he did/has done and it makes me sick. Also, I do not think this kind of behavior will end. I quess my question is how do I get over it. How do I look a SS and stop the dislike I have for him because of what he has done and continues to do? I can hardly stand to look at him and know how he has continuely attempted to distroy our marriage and gets away with it. And now with DH not seeing the obvious I feel distance and disgust. I guess what SS is doing is working. Tell me if I should continue in this relationship or what I can do to get through this? Please be honest. Thanks

Comments (10)