SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdez1

Cables for TV

jdez
10 years ago

Hi, we are building a house and doing a lot of the work ourselves to save money. We have already had an electrician do all the rough-in wiring and we realized that we didn't include any cables for TVs. So, we are going to pull the wire ourselves. We are planning to run cable to five different rooms. We will only have TV in 3 rooms but we didn't want to have any bedrooms without TV hookups. So, we were thinking about running (2) RG6 and (1) CAT 6 to a TV location in all five rooms but where do we run them to? We want to bring them all back to one central location in the attic so that when Directv comes to install the dish, they just have to run cable to this central location from the outside. But, we don't know what we need to buy to hook all these wires in to because it will be a lot of wires. I hope this question can be understood by somebody out there. I'm sorry I don't know the terminology to use to explain it better. Does anyone have a solution or am I even in the right forum? Thanks in advance.

Comments (12)