SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hdawn_gw

Stay on the pill or go off?

hdawn
15 years ago

My stepson and I have know each other for 6 years, we got along great for the first 2. He is a very, very smart kid and very nice and pleasent, not typical in most 8yr olds I've met. He LOVES his younger brother (our son) and LOVES his baby sister (mom's side). He is very proud to have 2 families. However, We don't get along any more. One reason he has given me is because I used to work with children and he can't get away with stuff with me like he can at his mom's house. But then with me, I know he is very smart (he proves that in most conversations anyone has with him) and I believe that he should always act that way and not act like his 3yr old bro. So I do get upset very easily with him. My husband wants this to change, and I totally see why and agree. I don't know what to do...

I have tried to just put on a smile and grin and bear it. but then somethings happens, almost like he is trying to push me to my limit.

What I'm thinking of trying now is to quit taking my BC pills and see if maybe easing up on the hormones will lessen my reaction, and in turn give me more time to work on being patient again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Comments (8)