SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

Are you glad you replaced your windows?

stinky-gardener
13 years ago

Did your new windows make your heart sing, or did you feel like you should have spent your money or other home improvements?

I'm trying to decide which home improvement project I should plunk my money into. My 1987 master bath could use updating. My kitchen could use updating. Neither room is a total clunker, but they could use improvements.

Ah, and then there are the windows! They could certainly look fresher, cleaner, better. While they aren't leaking (knock on wood!) they are impossible to clean with their storms that are hard to move. They probably aren't the most hideous windows on earth, but they could be a lot better-looking.

Have often thought that replacing the windows would give every room in the house an "upgrade." Also, both the interior and exterior of the house would be freshened up.

Would future buyers rather have a better bath or cleaner, brighter, newer windows? What would I prefer? What is *your* experience?

I'm new to this, so thanks for sharing the benefit of your experience and any thoughts you may have on the subject!

Comments (18)