SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
libby999999999

Need help please

libby999999999
10 years ago

Update: Thanks to the great advice here, I found some solutions.

I have an unusual design dilemma. When we built our small cabin style home, there was really no private area to place the half bath. We winded up placing it cattycorner to the dining area/kitchen. Which means it is in the corner of the living area. We don't entertain that often and if we do, everyone is on the deck so going indoors to use the bathroom is not a problem.
The problem is when you are seated, you can see the bathroom and of coarse the privacy issue of people going in and out may make things uncomfortable. So far it hasn't.

There is no way we can move the bathroom elsewhere. No room! We do have a full bathroom off the master.

So with that in mind, I am wondering how I can provide a bit of a visual buffer between the seating area and the door. To the left of the wall is the door to the bedroom. We are going to move it to the far left corner so it can look symmetrical to the bathroom door. I thought about building a divider to hide the bathroom door and maybe one to also hide the bedroom door.

I tried looking for solutions online, but it seems like we are the only unfortunate souls with this problem.

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

This post was edited by swissmom on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 8:50

Comments (16)