SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nonchalant_gw

Question about mixing dining room chairs

nonchalant
15 years ago

I think this may be my first official post asking a question, though I've responded to a few here and there. So, that being said... my DH and I are closing on our first house in a few weeks and moving in the second week of September. While I do want to take my time decorating it (there's also the issue of money ^_^), we do have to buy a dining room set pretty quickly, as we are hosting Thanksgiving this year. (We are moving from an apartment, and our current table is a dinky hand-me-down that really only fits 4.)

Anyway, I've probably been looking at furniture longer than at houses, and came across this Ashley dining table I really like. I like the wood top and black bottom and the chairs (though I'd recover them as the fabric is just okay, imo). However, I really like the idea of fabric chairs (like Parsons chairs) (is that even the correct term?) -- I think there are several people here who have them. Would it be weird to mix the chairs in this set with parsons chairs at each end? Or maybe get a similar table with just parsons chairs? What I like about just the two is that it would be less to re-do if I chose to change fabric.

So, here's the table and chairs. Comments? Thoughts? (And suggestions as to a type of fabric chair that would go -- I saw one site that had all these different kinds of parsons chairs and it seemed a little overwhelming.)

{{!gwi}}

TIA!

PS -- IF you care to see it, here's a pic of the dining room from the MLS listing (on the right, cropped out of the picture is a small door leading to the kitchen). {{!gwi}}

Comments (14)