SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirk_gw

not exactly stepfamily issue, but YAY

quirk
15 years ago

In two weeks, BF is going to DAY SHIFT!!! (quirk doing happy-dance)... his management has been claiming they're switching his crew to days, but I really didn't believe it was going to happen... I used to work there, and I know how things get done there, and I really thought it would be all talk, no action, and I'm still not 100% convinced they won't change their minds, but they have officially announced the change, so YAY!

I am soooooo looking forward to the idea of him keeping normal hours, and getting to spend time with someone who does not just randomly fall asleep in the middle of a conversation (or, you know, whatever).

Not only that, but (to make it a little SF related), his family crises have mostly either resolved, or at least settled into "new normal"... son that was living with him and daughter that was living with X rented a place together and are both doing fine with the responsible-adult thing. Older son is not so much, but BF and X are both letting him sink or swim on his own, and the grandkids have long since settled in with his X, so while that situation is not ideal, it is well past crisis mode. So all the extra time he'd been spending on family problems has pretty much cleared up too.

((hope we still like each other when we are able to spend regular, waking, non-sleep-deprived time with each other))

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH