SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyrkb

Dining Room Help, Please

kimberlyrkb
14 years ago

Hi,

I posted this room here maybe back in February or March. I've made a TINY bit of headway. Can you please help me make some more progress??? I'm frozen - seems like I'm just spinning my wheels here.

We installed a new chandelier - I think we like it. Found stuff for above the fireplace, however, it looks a little sparse now (that little candle doesn't belong - just tossed it up there this morning to get it out of the way). This spring I put forsythia in the blue vases and it looked nice; think I need to find something other than the vases, though. The mirror is a placeholder until we find artwork.

I'm struggling with how to fill the cabinet. I don't have anywhere else for my cookbooks, so I thought they might work here, but I think it looks too busy. Also, am playing around with white china or creamware on the top shelf. Maybe I should fill both shelves with creamware?

Should I put a plant on top? Does the stack of suitcases work in this room? (I am looking for a better plant for the top of the suitcases; this one is a placeholder.)

Do I need more/less color in the room? Too much blue there?

Do the slip covers look too messy? I've been wondering if we should just get new chairs altogether. I like a cottage/vintage look, but don't want to look too sloppy, if you know what I mean. We have to entertain here on occasion - nothign stuffy, but I don't want people thinking our style is "garage sale." (I am not as clever as some I see on here who can make garage sale finds look fabulous!)

Thanks so much!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)