SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keithavery

Loewen price quote

keithavery
17 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for all the information I have already gleaned from the site. My wife and I are building a small house. Our longterm plan is to have a large house and a guest house on a 8 ac property we recently bought. We plan to build the guest house first live in it for several years and then tackle the larger one. Our architect is finishing the blueprints but the floorplans are complete and we are starting to get bids for the house. We just got back our first window bid from Loewen. I knew they were going to be expensive but I was a little shocked. We have a total of 22 windows and the bid came in at about $21,000. There were a couple of mistakes on the bid but I think adjusting for the corrections it will be 21k +- 500. None of the windows are huge, but 4 of them are eyebrow(curved) tops. This feature seems to more than triple the flat top window cost.

I was wondering if I can expect a significant price drop if I go with a different manufacturer but still have aluminum cladding outside, wood interior, and double pane. The most expensive window is a 40 by 48 french casement(needed this for egress codes) in upstairs bedroom that is $2941.50 ouch..

Comments (11)