SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmkopp

stressed by stepson

rmkopp
16 years ago

Hi, this is my first posting...i am at my wits end, i am pushing husband away and i am miserable. We have an 8 month old d and i have an 8yr SS. My husband was never married to SS mother. I have known my husband for 16 years now. I first met SS when he was 3yr and we hit it off immediately. I enjoyed being around him. For the last 2 years there have been some custody/CS issues that have ultimately left us without SS for about 1.5 yrs. SS has now been visiting with us since Jan07 2 weeks after D was born. He came back to us on 2 antipyschotic meds for possible bipolar disorder, is in emotionally disturbed program at school. the difference is now I don't love him or have any feelings for him. instead I am completely stressed out by him when he visits. He has had some very violent verbal/physical episodes that leave me completely turned off by him. my husband is a wonderful man and has told his s repeatedly that I (wife) come first and when he is disrectful he will correct him. my husband wants me to act like a mother to him and take part in the discipline. We have made a few house rules, but its like we have to start over every time he comes to visit us. We are in the middle of further custody/CS issues right now. I feel like my husband trys to apease SS mother until the custody/CS issues have been settled in court. SS is a very bright boy and he knows how to push my buttons. If I find him doing something wrong do I discipline him then or get his father to do it? I am now an emotional mess because of this child. I don't feel that my husband truly understands how I feel because he is not a step parent.

Help please!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County