SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cliff_and_joann

Good-Will Chair finished.

cliff_and_joann
15 years ago

I really had a tough time with this fabric choice. I bought home a dozen swatches and ended up again with boring brown. The fabric guy helped me and even came here with fabric cause he wanted to see the two other chairs we did with his fabric.

The color and busy pattern in the rug (I call it rusty ming red)is what stops me from picking a fabric with a pattern. So after I get the fabric, btw I asked for six yards and he brings me 7 2/3 yards.

(he always gives me extra fabric at no cost) I start to have second thoughts that maybe it's too much brown. I said to Cliff, maybe we should pick another fabric...He said,

ok...But keep in mind, this fabric it is going to look different on the chair, and you know how much we love brown anyhow.

Well, it's done and I like it very much, a solid background in a good canvas for all my throw pillows that I love to make. I change pillows like most people change clothes. :)

It took 5 days to re-do the chair and make the little ottoman, that included stripping the chair, re-tying the springs and refinishing the legs to match the other furniture.

We also changed the cushion to 5" thick from 3" because I thought it would look better, the 3 " cushion looked skimpy next to the thick sofa cushions.

The legs on the ottoman are from my mothers coffee table, we have already used the bottom of the legs (with the little leaves) for the ottoman we made for the other good will chair that we did for the living room, and now we used the rest of the legs. My Mother passed away when I was nine, so I dearly love everything I have of hers.

The chair is very comfortable and if you remember I called it the grandma chair, however after re-upholstering it looks more like the grandpa chair...but that's ok, cause I love masculine furniture.

Hope you like it. :)

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!