SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlly_gw

To Pay or Not to Pay?

mlly
15 years ago

Hi all - I am a frequent reader here but rarely post - currently have situation I would love to get some opinions on - I am unsure what the correct thing to do is?

I will try to be brief - after finding this forum about 2 years ago - I completely disengaged from SS - best thing I ever did (well for me anyway) I actually printed out the letter I found on this forum about disengagement and gave it to DH - letter regarding what I would and would not be doing anymore -

Anyway SS just turned 17 and for last 2 years since I have disengaged NOTHING gets done for him - SS's laziness, general bad attitude and lack of any kind of respect towards anyone allows me to feel absolutely no pity for him what so ever -

Anyone on to my question - since I stopped doing things, whenever something would come up I would mention whatever it was to DH resulting in absolutely no response from him(for instance SS needs clothes for school - you need to take him)eventually I stopped saying anything - not my kid not my problem, sure is a shame neither one of his parents take an interest in him - but hey can't save the world

DH parents Grandma & Grandpa take SS to get his senior pictures taken - just got them back - I say to DH you need to pay for that - DH says I didn't tell them to do it, they did it on their own, why should I pay them back? I say because it is YOUR son and YOUR responsibility - for whatever misguided reason he disagrees - (Honestly, I DO NOT understand people, male or female who bring children into this world and think they don't have to support them)

So question - do I continue to butt out as I have been for the last 2 years - or do I go give my in-laws a check covering cost of pictures?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor