SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyandmocha

HELP! paint missing!

cindyandmocha
18 years ago

ok guys, I need your expertise!

We have been remodeling and have had this bar in storage for 2 years with the plastic still on it. We are finally in the homestretch of finishing the den and got some pieces moved into the room. We accidently left a small bottle of leather stain remover on top of the new/old bartop and it ate through the finish!

The piece is a Stein World "old english bar" and Stein World was of no help in telling me how to fix our error. I had thought the piece was wood, but upon sanding the spot I've discovered it is MDF underneath it, and a painted surface. It's still beautiful except for the big white splotch about the size of a silver dollar on top. Here is a pic of the problem. I am thinking I am going to have to try to match this up with acrylic paint. Any ideas on what I should or could do? Stain won't work, I tried minwax polyshades but it's just not gonna cut it.

Please put on your thinking caps and tell me what you would do (short of shelling out another grand for a new bar). I know it won't look perfect, but I'm desperate! HELP!

Comments (4)