SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

C/Post My porcelain wood look bed/ bath floor is down yeah! (pic)

jterrilynn
9 years ago

Since you all helped with my porcelain wood look plank tile questions I thought I would share the outcome.
So far my crew is working faster than lighting on my bath gut and bedroom floor remodel. Love my floor! I actually didn't think I would like it as much as I do. Originally I sort of thought I was settling on something. Most of my house is open plan with the vibrant cherry kitchen being an attention hog. I wanted to pick a floor that blended somewhat with what the house was already saying even though that area has an off white tile. On top of that I was further limited on what I could get as PO had tiled over existing tile in the living areas so I had a height issue. Then, of course things started adding up so my first floor choice of a much more expensive porcelain plank went out the door and I had to readjust the floor budget. This is a fairly cheap porcelain wood look plank at $2.38 a sf but I'm happy. We ran the same flooring through the bedroom and bathroom. I think my off warm white vanities will look pretty in the contrast. The tile guy wanted to do some kind of strategic layout but I wanted a staggered layout. I like the staggered better. And, I picked a dark grout (much darker than tile) called espresso. It's hard to tell in the picture but there is a slight grain in the tile.
This picture is from the bedroom door. The bathroom was done today so I'll have to wait for that picture.
picture.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 8:15

Comments (9)