SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

Question: which size blinds to order?...windows different sizes

geokid
11 years ago

I need to order bamboo roman shades for my living room and dining room windows. The problem is the windows are different sizes and I don't know what to order. There are two sets of windows in the dining room and one set in the living room and they are all visible from the front door.

{{!gwi}}

(Sorry for how dark it is. With the windows, it's impossible to get a decent pic.)

Each individual window is about 27" wide. I can do a shade for each window for a total of 8 shades. Or I can do one 60" shade on the double window and two on the quadruple window, but then what do I do on the triple window? Use three individual shades or two 48" shades? If I do two, then the shades would meet in the middle of the center window. Would that look odd?

I plan on keeping the current linen curtains open and use the shades for light control. This wall faces West and the afternoon sun is brutal, especially in the dining room. Privacy isn't an issue as we have a corn field behind our house. The shades in the dining room would get daily use and I may only close the shades in the living room every once in awhile.

Thank you!

Comments (4)