SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly0909

Stepmom for 13 years...I'm tired

kimberly0909
17 years ago

Is there anyone out there that is a step-mom that does not have any biological children of their own? I have been a step-mom to 4 kids for 13 years now and I'm just plain tired and resentful. I feel guilty for feeling this way and don't know if I have the right to feel angry. I married my DH when I was 24 and he was 31. He had just got out of his 12 year marriage to his first wife a year before we dated and she is the mother of all the kids. I am truly jealous of her to the point of obsession and always have been. I think its because she is "mom" even though I've helped raise them half time (we have joint custody) for all these years and I still don't get appreciated like her and loved like her. However, I do everything she does for them and more. My husband spoils the kids and feels that they are entitled to get whatever I get. If he buys me something, they too should get something. I disagree because I'm the parent, adult and I go to work every day to help provide for these kids. My paychecks go into the same pot to pay the mortgage for the big house they live in, the utilities they use, the clothes they wear, the food they eat, etc., yet I'm not thanked for all I do for them--only mom and dad are thanked and appreciated. My husband had a vasectomy after his divorce ,which is why we did not have a child. I am now 35. I have lots of resentment and anger and I don't know if I should call it quits or seek counseling or what? Any advice from anyone in a similar situation out there?

Kim

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH