SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stefk18

Bio-Mom badmouthing to children

stefk18
15 years ago

How do you handle BM making snide and hurtful comments to children about time at your house? We have tried talking to her about directing her frustrations to us, but she always has some reason not to.

Today was exchange morning, and when FDH brought boys back to BM's they were excited to tell her that they beat us in baseball last night (we play baseball games frequently in the backyard). BM immediately told the boys (in front of FDH) that they only won "because they let you win".

The boys are 4 and 7. I don't see why she couldn't just be supportive and encouraging of their excitement. But because it involved fun at our house she crushed it. This is a constant problem we run into, the kids want to share, but she is always making bitter comments to their detriment.

FDH has tried to talk to BM about not speaking to the kids this way, but she always says something like "they should know the truth."

Does anyone else have a BM who makes hurtful remarks toward the children? I am wondering if we should talk to the kids about it directly (since BM seems unwilling to stop), or just let it go? I'm concerned it is getting to the point of constant bad-mouthing, and the kids are caught in the middle...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County