SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blb0067

Marriage in trouble/near end/ need advice!!

blb0067
17 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Im not real sure where to start, so I will start from the beginning. I have been married for 4 years, together we have 5 children, 4 live with us, 18 year old step daughter; 16 year old son; 14 yr son and 13 yr son. His 14 year old son comes to visit in the summer. My husband has expressed to me that he has a "deep seeded HATE" for my 16 year old. My son had a lot of problems with my husband from the start. My husband is not nice when he talks to any of my children, he reminds me of a Bully, he is constantly laughing AT them not with them. Of course, he is always "playing" so no one is allowed to get mad. Anyway, my husband is very critical of EVERYTHING anyone does except his children. His son is down for the summer, which happens to be at the time of my 16 year olds birthday, so as you can imagine, my son did not have much of a b day, the focus was certainly NOT on him. WHen I talked to my husband a bout it, he said "Oh, so we are feeling sorry for Josh again." He said it in a baby voice and always calls my son JOSHIE to be an A__ __. This has been going on for the past 4 years, the communication has LEFT our relationship and we get along 1-3 days of the week. If we talk about anything, he usually gets mad and makes terrible comments about my past relationship. For ex. a few days ago, I expressed how I felt about the comments he had made, I told him he hurt my feelings and he responded, "Well, I guess all I need to do know is get drunk and hit you." I was in a VERY abusive relationship with my childrens father for 10 years and he uses that as a slap EVERYTIME he gets mad. I am seriously going out of my mind. My home is tense and unhappy most of the time. I do not know what to do!!

Help!!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH