SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
segrieb

Paris Night Scene Mosaic

segrieb
9 years ago

Title: Soiree a Paris (Evening in Paris)

Up until now, I have posted conversations & pictures of my Paris Night Scene mosaic project as: HELP! Questions about tempered (crash) glass for mosaics.

With the help of a new friend from this forum, I have purchased sheets of tempered glass from an on-line source - Store Supply Warehouse.

I am slowly making progress piece-by-piece on my Paris night scene. I have added a fused glass street lantern, my 1st project in my new glass kiln, which takes up most of the floor space in my art studio (the shed!). Now, I know what a sardine feels like! On the travertine tiles around the name plaque (not done yet) and entwining the wrought iron piece on the right, I will be adding fused English ivy leaves and green wire.

I will attempt to paint the Seine River area with acrylic paints, adding all of the reflections from the Eiffel Tower, the lights, trees, the bridge & retaining walls, the moon and the boats! Then, I will place the cracked tempered glass over the entire water area.

Right now, I am overwhelmed with the tedious work ahead, as I have invested over 40 hours in this project so far. But as always, I am having a blast!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Baird Brothers Fine Hardwoods
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Nashville's Trusted Source of Fine Hardwood Building Supplies