SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanny2a

Reveal of my Flow Blue Kitchen transformation

nanny2a
15 years ago

Thanks to all the wonderful advice I got from you earlier when I asked about how I could best display my flow blue plates, I wanted to share the kitchen transformation with you. We're just thrilled with the way it all turned out! It has a very special significance for me because it lets me honor the collection that my mother, (who died unexpectedly young when I was only 28), had begun in the 50's when I was just a child. She collected the majority of these plates through the years of my childhood, yet they were just given to me two years ago when my dad passed away. He took good care of them for over 25 years, and I've since added a few plates to the collection.

My3dogs, I owe you a *special* thanks, both for all your suggestions about the plate rail and for the super, easy, yet beautiful valence pattern instructions. I whipped those up in just a couple hours and was delighted with how easy they came together. My DH, who usually seems to take my sewing abilities pretty much for granted, and rarely says much more than a "that's nice", actually raved about the valences. He thought they were "beautiful" and "creative"..... I told him that all the praise for creativity needed to go to you, since this was your pattern.

Now the question is, what do I do about the french door and window area leading to the porch? Should I leave it as it is? We keep that open as possible because it looks directly onto the water, and because of that we don't like to restrict the view, or have any issues with privacy. Any suggestions?

Heidi

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Comments (33)