SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_wisconsin

french country rustic chic mbr makeover advice needed (pics)

jan_in_wisconsin
12 years ago

I'm in the process of making over our master bedroom. I want to go from the present rustic country to a more French country look with rustic/shabby elements. I hope my vision will evolve in the way I'm imagining.

I will share some images from my concept and hope you can help with direction.

First, I posted previously about our bed and whether it could stay as it is only four years old. Everyone who posted responded that the bed could work, but that the nightstands are too chunky. I posted some options for the nightstands, and I purchased a French provincial pair through etsy. I am open to painting the bed, but I haven't decided yet.

Here is the bed and old nightstands, along with the mirrors I plan to mount over the new nightstands, also posted below:

I am going to repaint the nightstands in Duck Egg blue, distress and dark wax them (Duck Egg Blue below)to match the blue in the new bedding (it does match well, although, it may not look so on the monitor):

Here is the bedding I purchased, and at the advice of those here, I did not get the damask Euro shams. Instead, I bought some nice pale blue French fabric with a cream motif, and I will sew my own:

I plan to repaint the room in SW Whole Wheat:

I would like to place some chunky lamps with burlap shades on the nightstands in front of the mirrors (something like this):

For now, our dresser will also stay, although, if I can find something to paint on Craigslist or something, I may replace it:

I would like new drapery panels, maybe in natural linen, or something of that nature.

I do not want a mirror over the dresser, and I'm SO attracted to some prints I found of French farm animals on Etsy:

Do you think I could frame these 8" x 10" prints in a grouping over the dresser, maybe in some painted/distressed frames? I'm thinking of a collection of candlesticks painted in the Duck Egg Blue for the dresser top, along with some other treasures I may find.

I hope this will all come together the way I'm envisioning. When my hubby sees me walking around with the paint deck, he knows I'm up to something again!

Comments (22)