SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
end_of_rope

What would you do?

end-of-rope
15 years ago

Well, I am really feeling crappy. I feel like I want out of my marriage as I just cannot deal with DH and/or his kids.

Reasons:

1. Lies - my DH is still lieing re: his kids.

Before the wedding when there was commotion, I was concerned. After the wedding, we bought RRSP's and the financial guy asked DH if he was changing beneficiary - DH said NO. This concerned me as I thought once we were married that we would be a partnership. I confronted DH about my concerns and (I believe) in a Huff, he contacted the finance co and changed beneficiaries. At this point, I talked to DH about my concerns if something were to happen to either one of us - He went to his own lawyer and said we would discuss stuff (well that has been 1 yr). He kept telling me that when his will was written up, we would discuss it. An invoice came and I asked him if his will was done, he said NO. We just had his brother and SIL here and she advised that brother was a little concerned about being the executor of the will - Yes, I saw flames as yet again my DH has lied to me as his will is done up.

I changed my beneficiaries when we started living together (probably stupid on my part) and yet I am the one that has children still living at home his are grown? adults.

I honestly am not a material person at all but feel like I am being s**t on so he can please his kids. He says "Don't worry - everything is looked after" - and I should believe him WHY??????????????????/

My DH is in total control of all the finances. If I need money, I can ask him. At this point, I would rather bite of my left foot than ask him for it.

The trust is dwindling as I have caught him in a couple of lies and really am considering why I am even here.

Is this just my emotions running away on me or do you think I have legitimate concerns?

Comments (11)