SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scaruso57

Getting a divorce

scaruso57
16 years ago

Hello to everyone who has so kindly read my posts over the last 24 hours. Finding this support was very timely as my husband and I have decided to divorce. I initiated the conversation. At first he was angry, but then said that I was a bad wife and bad stepmom to his son. We have had too many issues regarding things other than his son to mention in this post that have affected our relationship and marriage. They go way back to when we first got together. I.E. when I told him six years ago that keeping his wedding album from his first marriage, which ended 23 yrs prior, in our shared bedroom closet, along with their love letters etc., this bothered me and made me feel insecure. It took him several weeks and much pleading from me to get him to remove it. I have always felt insecure in this marriage. The problems with the stepson just made things much much worse.

That having been said. I know that I am rambling as I am very upset, scared about my future and sad. As my favorite commedian Kathy Griffith said about her failed marriage "I'll miss the good times....and the bad ones too". This was my third attempt at marriage. I married at a very young age due to unexpected pregancy. Divorced on really good terms 4 years later. Was single for 5 years. Met and married a young med student. Helped to put him through 4 years of med school and 4 years of residency. He left me in the last year to another, younger woman. A doctor. Was alone again, this time with shattered self esteem and felt very unlovable. The ironicly (sp?) I have always wanted to be part of a long and happy marriage--just like my parents. When my current husband came along, he swept me off of my feet. I felt grateful that someone would love me again. Unfortunately, our relationship has been riddled with financial problems, health issues and parenting issues with his son.

I realize that I must accept responsibility for all of the decisions I have made in life. I feel like a failure.

Thanks for listening.

Susan

Comments (8)