SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfecup

pom poms

cawfecup
16 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions for "reading material" for an 8 yr old girl.

Her cousin (8yo girl) showed her a book about "the body" and what to expect. So she has questions I am not mom I do not want to answer them. I don't want to answer until her parents have a chance to "have the talk" with her.

She keeps refering to "pom poms" because her cousins book talked about tampons ... I just might ask my SIL for the book to read it myself to know what is going on and how much it dealt with.

Here is my other issue with this ... my SD 8, how do I put this politely ... always "comforts" herself (hint hint). So last night she came into our room crying ... said she just "checked herself and its getting bigger" (hubby doesn't know what to say I can tell by the look on his face). ... She starts balling and crying almost so we couldn't understand her ... asking its getting bigger and am I going to turn into a boy... crying I don't want a weener.

We assured her she wasn't going to turn into a boy. But I am not a woman yet I don't have pompoms so if I don't have any pompoms I could still become a boy!!!

Hubby distracted her by taking her downstairs for a drink and then watching some show on disney with her for a few. And then sent her off to bed.

Again she is not my daughter so I don't want to discuss this stuff with her until her parents feel she is ready... but she is asking questions so they better get ready to answer them soon or she will get misleading information.

Just wondering if anyone has something age appropriate for her to read .... As far as changing into a boy ... she saw it on a tv show. Oh how I hate tv.

Comments (18)