SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

White wall color suggestions for west facing bright room

pps7
12 years ago

First of all thank you so much to those of you who have followed my multiple threads on my family room. For some reason, this room has been really hard and I am always second guessing myself. I promise, we are making progress. I've ordered some furniture and am meeting with a handyman next week. This means I need to pick a wall color. We've decided to paint our family room/dining room white. I've never lived in a house with white walls so I'm very nervous. It's an open floor plan so there's actually very little wall surface except for one big wall which we will either stencil or wallpaper. The space is south facing with big window and alot of natural light. The trim and ceilings are BM simply white and initially I was going to use the same color, but I'm worried it's too harsh of a white. On the other hand, the current color is Natural cream which is a pretty greige/linen color but all of that bright sunlight turns it beige/yellow. I plan to get samples, but I need to narrow it down. I was going to get samples of simply white and white dove. Any other suggestions? Will the bright light make the white look warmer or harsher?

Comment (1)