SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redkev

New Mexico Vinyl Replacement windows

redkev
12 years ago

I am in the process of getting estimates to replace the original aluminum frame sliders and single hung windows and a 6 foot sliding glass door in my Albuquerque home. I have spent many hours on this forum reading. I have contacted three local companies to provide estimates (no big box stores). One company is proposing Milgard Tuscany windows or as a cheaper option, Milgard thermally broken aluminum. The second, a local company called Glass-Rite, is proposing their own locally manufactured brand of vinyl replacement windows. The reviews on Angie's list for Glass-Rite have been good, at least from the standpoint of no high pressure sales and good responsiveness for warranty issues. The Glass-Rite windows have a lifetime warranty including the glass (labor included). Glass-Rite has been around for more than 25 years. Their windows are energy Star rated. Glass-Rite will also provide Jen Weld if you insist/request. They would rather sell/install their own product.

I know it is a long shot but does anyone reading this forum have experience with Glass-Rite vinyl windows?

The third company will give me an estimate early next week. I do not know what product they will be recommending/pushing.

This is a modest home in a good neighborhood built in the late 70s. I have a lot of work to do on the house including a kitchen and 2 bathroom upgrades. I don't want to overspend on windows. Any product recommendations for windows would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor