SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Followup to my fireplace/mantle mirror search

Sueb20
11 years ago

Got my new mirror from Pottery Barn last week and DH put it up over the weekend. I am very pleased with it although eventually, when DH recovers from the trauma of hanging it, I need him to adjust the wire so it's tilted downward a bit. I couldn't bring it up on the day he hung it because the project involved a lot of colorful language and DH standing back, staring at the butchered wall, and shaking his head in amazement.

So anyway, the frame of the mirror picks up the colors of the room. Then I found the candle holders at Crate & Barrel, which have two metal finishes -- one part matches the sconces, and the other matches the brassy/goldish paint on the mirror. Next, I need to find a trailing low-light plant for the planter. We seem to kill every low-light plant that enters this house, so wish me luck there!

Hard to tell but the green of the planter also matches a green in the mirror frame. The red candles are just ones I happened to have in a drawer. I'm thinking a green might be better.

Sorry for the cell phone photo, not the best!

Comments (12)