SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

BM got a car!

lovehadley
13 years ago

UGH. And my stupid DH sold it to her!

I am super irritated with him.

He is a car broker, for lack of a better word. What this means is he has a line of credit--buys about 10-15 cars a month, and sells them. He has a small lot where he stores them. He advertises on ebay, autotrader, craigslist, etc.

ANYWAY--his prices are much, much lower than typical dealerships and he can get pretty much any car/truck/suv, even boats and jetskis and campers.

His markups are typically about $1200-$1500 over what he pays.

So BM and her DH got a loan for 7K---through her DH's parents; and get this, because of BM and her DH's shoddy credit, the ONLY way the loan was approved was through his parents' bank; AND the bank insisted on freezing the parents' savings account. The car is TOTALLY secured with their savings as collateral.

I don't know HOW this is going to work--BM and her DH are strapped month after month as it is, gas was shut off b/c they owed over $700 two months ago, BM is constantly telling DH she doesn't have money for his or that, $50 was owed for SS's soccer last week, and BM and DH were going to split it---surprise, surprise, BM told DH the night before she just couldn't afford it.

So--not sure how they're going to take on an additional $200 car payment. But whatever!

At least she has a car now---but I'm super irritated w/DH. BM sent him a text last night and it said "thanks for helping me out with the car."

It just IRKS me. Now--DH did make about $600 on the car deal with her but still, if he had sold that van to any other customer, it would have been about $1500...the way BM sees it, he just did her this favor, got her this car, gave her a deal, etc.

I just wish that he would be less friendly with her. I ASKED him months ago when the whole car issue came up to please NOT get involved with it.

And he said he wouldn't.

And then whaddya know, he gets her a sweet deal on a nice van, and it ticks me off. It's like he still treats BM so well, and the message that sends to her is she can be awful to us, awful to me, etc. and there is DH, still her friend.

Am I over-reacting?

I certainly don't want him to be MEAN to her by any means, but I think helping her get a car, for pretty much wholesale value, is too friendly.

I am trying to just shove it out of my mind but, really, have to admit I am super duper annoyed.

Comments (34)