SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamar_422

High State of Aggrevation

tamar_422
16 years ago

I was snapping at 14 yo DD this morning before school. She had made mac & cheese last night before going to bed, and left the mess in the kitchen. Her excuse? "What's the point of having a housekeeper if I have to clean up the kitchen?" I was so aggrevated, I told her she was grounded Friday night.

After she left, I was trying to figure out why this is so much more irritating than usual. I hate starting the day being in a bad mood. Anyway, I think it's because 17 yo SS is coming home tonight, and I am feeling anxious about that. I keep thinking about how, during his recent therapy sessions, he wrote to me that he didn't like some things about me as a person. Yes, I rationalized that comment by thinking he doesn't like some things that I DO (ie., sarcastic remarks), but that he must still like me as a person if he wants to come back home and live here, versus going to live with his BioMom. However, I am still agitated, and I keep thinking that I can't believe I have to defend my personality to this 17 yo disrespectful brat (I want to say "punk," but that seems so harsh) who has lied, stolen, broken just about every house rule, brought drugs and alcohol use into my home, and cost us over $100,000 in the last six months for his psychiatric/rehab residential treatment. Who does he think he is?

And I know I need to adjust my mindset between now and 9:30 pm CST when DH gets back with dear SS.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County