SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jiggreen

new to this forum..hello everyone

jiggreen
19 years ago

hi all! i've been lurking here for a while now, figured it was time to come out of the closet and give a big hello to everyone.

i am the mother of 3 children, 2 boys ages 13 and 15 and a sweet little 5 year old girl. the boys are from a previous marriage, and my daughter is from my marriage now to the most wonderful man in the world (yeah, and you all thought YOU had found that guy, sorry he's mine). my husband is a fantastic step-dad to my 15 year old son and a great father to my daughter. notice what's missing in that statement? my 13 year old son. he is not with us, he is somewhere out there with his father. my ex and i share joint physical and joint legal custody of my 13 year old son and i have full custody of my 15 year old son. my older son hates my ex because of the way my ex has treated him in the past. my 13 year old insisted that he wanted to live with his father, and i went along with it. BIG MISTAKE. my ex-husband sold his house, left no forwarding address or phone number and has basically vanished off the face of the earth. he is remarried for the 3rd time and i don't even know his wife's name. i haven't spoken to my 13 year old in almost 2 years and omg do i miss him. i have a closet full of birthday and xmas presents for my son, and nowhere to send them. my ex sent xmas present last year to my 15 year old, and i was so excited because i thought i had an address. nope, he used the return address of the shipping place he mailed it from!! what a jerk! he is going out of his way to make sure i cannot get the address or phone number of where he is living. because ex and i each have one child, there is no child support order, so i can't enlist the child support people to help me find him. not a day goes by that i don't think of my boy and hurt so bad at not having him here. for a while, i refused to celebrate holidays because of the hurt...it's hard when a piece of you is missing. i am his bio-mom but he has a step-mom and i have no idea how he is treated by her. i HATE my ex husband for doing this, and to tell you all the truth, i am starting to feel angry at my son for not contacting me. i KNOW my ex has my phone number, and i know prior to my ex disappearing with my son that my son had my phone number....why hasn't he called me? my ex is the poisonous kind, he will tell the kids anything/everything to get them to try to hate me...i am so fearful of what he might be telling my son. my lawyer says the only thing we can charge my ex-husband with is "visitation violation/contempt of court"...and that it is a family/child services issue and the police will not get involved. we haven't got any address to serve the paperwork to in order to enforce the visitation (son is supposed to spend all school holidays with me as we live in a different state than the one my ex was residing in). my little boy is growing up without me and i don't know what to do!! i see a kid on the street who reminds me of my 13 year old and it's like a knife in my heart. i don't even know my son anymore.

oh my..i was just going to introduce myself and here i am ranting..lol

anyways, that's my story. i'm not quite sure why i was drawn to this forum. maybe subconsciously i was hoping to run across the ex or his wife on here, i don't know.

jiggreen

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert