SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

You have to read my story on internet meetings !-

toomuchglass
16 years ago

I hear whisperings of a get together ! ( Sorry - this will be long )Let me tell you of my experience doing this ! It was AWESOME ! I chatted with a couple stained glass people when I first started doing glass. Well - this one knew that one - that one knew another and suddenly - there was about 10 of us -- & we decided to meet ! None of us had ever met before. We picked out a date & one central location to leave from. We all met there . Meeting & greeting ! Awesome. We then packed up a couple vans & did our driving . We were like a bunch of kids on a field trip !! We finally arrived at our motel . We reserved a couple rooms . From the motel - we drove to a couple stained glass factories ( we bought wholesale !)Yough.Glass even had the red carpet rolled out for us - lunch - tours,etc ... We also toured a couple of Frank Lloyd Wright houses . We had a whole room reserved for us at a fancy restaurant - when we got there - the Marquis read "WELCOME STAINED GLASS LADIES !" We ate & since everyone seemed to have glass in common - we "held class" & taught each other what we knew.( That's how I learned to cut glass ! ) Back at the hotel, we chatted all night.

Being as the hotel was right next to a winery and everyone toured it and bought a bottle - we couldn't shut up ! LOL

We met in Michigan .... we had people from NY - California - Illinois ,Wisconsin ,Iowa & Indiana. This was the most awesome time of my life -- I have tons of pictures that I look back on and just Sigh ~~ the internet is wonderful !

Comments (11)

Sponsored